Job Title: Field Service Engineer (Trainee)
This is an exciting opportunity to learn new skills by joining one of the leading names in the commercial kitchen service industry. We are currently looking for Field Service Engineers to join our team.
Candidates will receive training on the job and the support of our in-house team to develop the skills required to progress in the Commercial Kitchen Service industry.
We work in a challenging and fast-paced industry, maintaining the kitchens of some of the top establishments in London and the Home Counties. We are looking for trainee Commercial Catering Engineers who we can rely on to deliver outstanding service as part of our close-knit team.
We take great pride in the well-being of our team, and your quality of life is at the forefront of our thinking. Our head office support team are always available at the end of the phone, and dedicated account handlers ensure you have everything you need to do your job efficiently.
A positive attitude and commercial catering equipment servicing and repair experience are required. Working independently and often as part of a team, you will be responsible for fault finding, troubleshooting, servicing and repairing commercial kitchen equipment.
At Certa Service, there are always opportunities for training and development, allowing you to grow your career and progress within the industry. We are passionate about delivering the best, not only for our customers but for our team.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary (depending on experience and expertise)
- 40 Hour Week (plus weekend rota)
- Opportunity for overtime
- Holiday – 28 days (including bank holidays)
- Van provided
- Manufacturer training included provided
- Optional company Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
- Optional Health insurance
- Uniform included
Principal Tasks and Duties:
Your primary duties will be planned maintenance work of commercial kitchen equipment. You will provide detailed and accurate reports following each job and inform the office of any follow-up information required, including identifying required parts. Work proactively with the central call centre by taking day-to-day instructions and keeping them updated. Keep all tools, equipment and vehicles supplied by the company in good working order, reporting any faults, breakages or equipment failures to your line manager daily.
Adhere to Health and Safety procedures, undertaking risk assessments to ensure that it is safe to work and bring any risks to the attention of the company management.
You will be required to complete any training required for specific manufacturers as and when needed.
Areas of work:
Work will cover Central London and the Home Counties areas. There may be the occasional need to travel further, but this will be pre-planned and agreed between both the office and the applicant.
- A technical background in an electrical-mechanical field
- Field service engineer experience
- Providing a customer-focused service
- Achieving challenging targets and objectives
- Evidence of achieving excellence in review and delivery of services
- A full UK driving license (No more than 6 points).
- IT literate
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work, location and hours.
- A strong commitment to high-quality customer service.
- A highly motivated, well-presented individual
- A team player with a flexible approach to the requirements of the job.
- Adapt positively to challenges.
- A friendly and positive approach to work, colleagues and customers.
Please note the company is not able to offer sponsorship or relocation assistance for this role, so candidates must already possess the right to live and work in the UK to be considered.