We’re on the lookout for field engineers to join our team. Take a look at the job specification below and drop us a line if you think you might be the perfect fit.
Job Title: Field Service Engineer (Commercial Catering Equipment – Gas)
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 40 Hour Week (plus weekend rota)
- Opportunity for overtime
- Holiday – 28 days (including bank holidays)
- Van provided
- Additional training included
- Optional company Pension
- Uniform Included
- Optional Health Insurance
Main Purpose of Job:
You will be required to provide a high-quality service to our customers when attending call outs for the breakdown or scheduled service work of commercial catering equipment. We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, a keen eye for detail with good customer facing skills. Work will cover Central London and the Home Counties. There may be the occasional need to travel further but this will be pre-planned and agreed between both the office and the applicant. Your main duties will be the servicing, repairing and planned maintenance work of commercial kitchen equipment.
Principal Tasks and Duties:
You will be required to undertake the servicing, repair, installation and maintenance of gas, and electric commercial catering equipment as directed. Complete works in accordance with Certa Service specifications and in compliance with the relevant Legislation, relevant trade body/industry standards and best practice. You will provide detailed and accurate worksheets following each job and inform the office of any follow up information required, including identifying required parts.
Out of Hours Service:
Participate in an emergency ‘out of hours’ service as required, weekend on calls to be completed on a rota basis.
Health and Safety:
You will be responsible for the care and condition of all vehicles, tools and equipment issued to you, completing all related pre use or scheduled safety inspections as required. You will ensure that all necessary documentation and/or verbal reports relating to unsafe equipment are immediately communicated to your line manager, advising them of any defects requiring repair, and ensuring that the equipment is stored or made safe in such a way as to not be used by a third party. You will work to operational procedures, safe working practices and Health and Safety procedures and approved codes of practice as appropriate. Attending safety meetings, training and briefings may be required. You will be responsible for completing dynamic risk assessments when arriving at site, checking that the safety of themselves and/or others will not be compromised by completing the task. Ensuring that all accident, near miss events or potential hazards are reported to the line manager immediately and that work areas are kept in a safe condition whilst the work is being carried out and that the area is made safe at the end of the day.
You will be required to complete any training required for specific manufacturers as and when required.
- Qualified to City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 (recognised trade qualification).
- Qualified Gas Safe Engineer (CCN1).
- Qualified with COMCAT1, COMCAT3 and COMCAT5
- CONGLP1PD – LPG for Permanent Dwellings (Desirable)
- Evidence of continually developing professional knowledge.
- Full UK driving licence (No more than 6 points)
- Have at least 3 consecutive years’ experience of working within the commercial catering industry.
- Working as part of a team undertaking emergency and scheduled servicing contracts.
- Providing a customer focused service.
- Achieving challenging targets and objectives.
- Evidence of achieving excellence in review and delivery of services.
- Be able to provide at least two industry references.
- Ability to identify gas defects on catering equipment and the remedies.
- Good time keeping skills, be able to attend jobs as specified
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Up to date health and safety knowledge.
- A pro-active, problem solving attitude.
- Up to date knowledge of legislative frameworks and key issues relevant to the post.
- Sound knowledge of performance management and how this contributes to business success.
- Sound verbal, reasoning and written communication skills, with the ability to inform and educate colleagues should there be issues with an installation.
- Ability to complete paperwork including timesheets and servicing records) to a high standard.
Leadership and Management:
- Promotes equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service delivery
- A strong commitment to high quality customer service.
- A team player with a flexible approach to the requirements of the job.
- Adapts positively to challenges.
- Friendly and positive approach to work, colleagues and customers.
About Certa Service:
Based in Hertfordshire, Certa Service are a friendly team providing maintenance solutions for commercial kitchen equipment, from pre-planned maintenance packages to emergency breakdown assistance. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and are looking for a like-minded engineer to help assist with our growth ambitions.